People Like You Receives Rave Review on NPR affiliate KLCC Radio

Connie Bennett, director of the Eugene Public Library, offers a marvelous on-air review of Balcones Fiction Prize recipient and PEN/Hemingway Award finalist Margaret Malone's People Like You.
From the first, the title made me curious.  “People Like You.”  Really?  People like me?  How can a collection of nine short stories promise to be like any reader?  The woman at the party, drinking too much, stealing the birthday balloons?  Another, playing the slot machines with the dying woman?  Or the woman searching for a goose with her possibly lesbian boss?  At first, I held myself aloof, “not really like me.”  But somewhere along the third story, the clarity and density and unifying humanity of these people overwhelmed me. ...
Have a listen to the full review on KLCC HERE.